Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#73370 - 20/02/2002 04:09 Anyone know how to contact support by phone?
craigalsop
new poster

Loc: Edinburgh
Yesterday, I received my player back from Cambridge, after having a hard-drive fixed under warranty. Only problem is, they replaced a 20Gb disk with a 10Gb one. As you can imagine, after a week & a half without music, I'm pretty gutted that it will have to go away yet again.
Problem is, that although I emailed the person I was dealing with (David Moss) about midday yesterday, I have yet to receive a response (almost 24 hours later)
I'm not sure whether to log another support call, whether David is in this week, or what - is there anyone reading this that maybe able to speed things along a bit?
I've been pretty patient up to now, I know stuff breaks, but am starting to get very hacked off....

cheers,

Craig

P.S. I REALLY don't like the idea of doing away with telephone support! Email is great, but it sucks if you need an interactive response.

#73371 - 20/02/2002 04:21 Re: Anyone know how to contact support by phone? [Re: craigalsop]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
01223 576 123 - you'll find it printed in the manual.

Telephone support isn't done away with, but CS can't offer the 14 hrs per day cover that they used to. The phone is always covered 9am to 12pm by Andrew (non techie admin guy) and for five hours a day by David - but those five hour periods are different each day, hence why CS can't "officially" provide phone support.

Email almost always gets a response within one working day.

David is in the support office right now working through a huge inbox.

Rob

#73372 - 20/02/2002 04:34 Re: Anyone know how to contact support by phone? [Re: rob]
craigalsop
new poster

Thanks Rob,

I must have got the wrong end of the stick from the answerphone message that I got - the way I heard it, it seemed to say "No more phone suppport, use email"

cheers,

Craig

#73373 - 20/02/2002 04:44 Re: Anyone know how to contact support by phone? [Re: craigalsop]
David
addict

Loc: Cambridge
I have worded the andwerphone message to strongly suggest that you should email - I often work from home, so email is really the best way to contact me.

I've just replied to your email from yesterday morning (and just narrowly within 24 hours).

#73374 - 20/02/2002 08:34 Re: Anyone know how to contact support by phone? [Re: David]
lopan
old hand

Loc: Manassas VA
David will get it taken care of trust me, he might not always answer every email but he gets the important ones. I had to send both my tuner and head unit back, they paid shipping both ways and fixed everything! I checked the tracking numbers... they shipped one day in the UK and the next day I had it in my hand in Northern Virginia (I was very impressed). I know it's hard being without your empeg, but your in good hands, I'm surprised to hear what happened to you but I guess even the best of them make mistakes.

#73375 - 22/02/2002 05:42 Re: Anyone know how to contact support by phone? [Re: lopan]
craigalsop
new poster

Just thought I would post my happy ending - empeg collected by TNT 5pm Wednesday - received it back with new (fullsize) harddrive 11.30 am Friday.
Now THAT is a fast turnaround! Nice one David!!

cheers,
Craig