Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#162676 - 24/05/2003 08:12 sorting playlists
edsmiata
addict

Loc: New Jersey
i have made playlists of all of my CD's so that i may play the songs in their correct order. When i upload directly into a playlist all works fine, but when i compile an album from single songs i need to sort them correctly within the playlist. I understand that this can be done by holding the ALT key and dragging the songs into the desired position, but i am finding out that this is not possible all the time. Many times the songs in the playlist cannot be moved out of their current order, or when they can be moved around they do not wind up in the order i had dragged them into!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ed

#162677 - 24/05/2003 09:01 Re: sorting playlists [Re: edsmiata]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Are you saying that the emplode UI refuses to allow you to move them around, or that once you sync, the empeg doesn't reflect how they appeared in emplode?

If it's the latter (and this is just a guess), it might be that you reordered them visually, but the playlist order wasn't changed. There should be a column that shows that order (I forget what it's called, but it should be the only numeric column that's not track number). It might be that while the tracks are in the correct order visually that those numbers aren't sequential. To fix this, once you've got them in the right order, press the toolbar button that looks like a double-headed arrow with an `A' and a `Z'. That should rectify the playlist order to what's being shown.

If it's the former, I've got no idea. Try using the up and down arrow toolbar buttons to move the tracks, maybe.

#162678 - 25/05/2003 06:23 Re: sorting playlists [Re: wfaulk]
edsmiata
addict

Loc: New Jersey
Bitt,

Thansk for the feedback! Actually if i had read the FAQ about sorting play list more carefully i would have realized that i needed to first sort them by the number column (1-x or x-1) then drag and sort. It works fine now!!

Thanks,

Ed