Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#265678 - 22/09/2005 10:44 Empeg Tuner - Stalk interface, roll your own Questions:
jbrinkerhoff

I understand that I can "roll my own" button/controler for the stalk interface from reading the FAQ (thanks Tony as always). However one thing isnt clear, that I swear Id read sometime in the past. Is it possible to "program" or change values in some .cfg file somewhere as to what resistance ranges do what?

What Im really asking is: If I chop wires and use the existing steering wheel buttons on my Jeep, which are just a reisitor network, can I tell the empeg/tuner what resistance values do what? Or is that hard-coded in the empeg/tuner, and Id have to mod the buttons???

Any info appreciated :-) thanks!!!

jeff

#265679 - 22/09/2005 12:15 Re: Empeg Tuner - Stalk interface, roll your own Questions: [Re: jbrinkerhoff]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Yeah. It's in Hijack somewhere. I think it's done via ir_translate.

#265680 - 22/09/2005 21:18 Re: Empeg Tuner - Stalk interface, roll your own Questions: [Re: jbrinkerhoff]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Depending on the range of resistance values used in the stalk, you can either adjust the expect key values in keyconfig or you can adjust the value of R1 on the tuner unit so that the ADC can pick up the correct ranges.
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015