Here's the hotel situation. We've chosen the Holiday Inn just north of Cambridge as our base - you don't *have* to stay there but it'll be nice to have most people staying at the same place. We're renting a minibus for the duration of the meet and this will be the place from which shuttles will depart. Also, it's nice to hang out with other empeg types at the bar and at breakfast. I took a look around the hotel (which was formerly the Posthouse) and can report that it has excellent facilities, nice bedrooms, and an impressive fitness centre (including a large pool with spa bath).

Their rack rate is around £100 per night at weekends and we have been offered a group rate of £80 per night including breakfast, payable on checkout. However, because the meet is several months away, they have pre-pay web specials right now at £60 per night. They won't lower our group rate because they claim there are only a few rooms at the special rate and if a group our size books online most people will end up paying more than the group rate. They will also give us group check-in facilities and access to lounges for meeting up etc.

So here's the deal. It's either every man for him or herself (take a risk on the web pricing) or we place a group booking. Rob and I will need to sign a contract so we're not going to go the group route unless everyone agrees to it. Of course some of you may have Priority Club points and wish to make your own booking anyway.

So here's the poll to see what everyone wants to do. To stay at the Holiday Inn you're either in the group, at £80 a night including breakast, or you're not. I've also included categories for those who prefer to stay at a different hotel (to get a cheaper room, to be in central Cambridge or for some other reason) and for those who don't need a hotel at all (because you're local, staying with friends, only coming for the day etc).

Please submit your vote whether you are definitely or probably coming to the meet. This is not a commitment, but the data will guide what we offer when the booking form goes online next month.
Do you need at least one room at the Holiday Inn?
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 15/04/2006 07:29
View the results of this poll.
If the answer was yes, how many rooms do you need?
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 15/04/2006 07:29
View the results of this poll.