i just tried to delete a whole bunch of stuff from my empeg and ran into problems. I have my tunes organized into 2 level deep playlists....by artist/album. If I select a bunch of artists and hit delete...and presume that none of the tunes or playlists wihin are referenced in any other playlist.....then they disappear. However, after a sync, the album playlists are then all located in the Unattached items folder. So I select them all there and hit delete...and do another sync. After this second Sync, all the actual tunes are now in the Unattached items folder...where I again select them and hit delete. After this final sync.....they seem to be gone finally.

It seems that if I delete a playlist...ti does not delete the tunes that are in it. it only deletes the playlist..throwing the tunes into the unnattached folder where I then have to go delete them again. As many levels deep as my folder hiearchy is...that's how many times I have to DELETE-SYNC in order to get all the wanted artist/albums off my Empeg.

Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong? Is this a feature request?

Also, I tried this from Emptool as well... When I did an rm -r * from the top level, it removed all the playlists. I did a sync, but then it gave me all these messages that listed all these "orphan" files. When I went into unattached items dir (using Emptool), they did NOT show up at all. But when I start emptool, it would give me a message that my database was messed up. I would try to rebuid it. Still messed up with a bunch of orphans. When I then close emptool and connected with Emplode, all those "orphans" seemed to show up in the unnattached items list and I then did the DELETE-SYNC procedure several times to get absolutely everything off my empeg so that I can get it filled properly again..

I would appreciate any comments at all about DELETING in general and how I can delete an entire hierchy of stuff from my empeg....ie...remove all tunes in all albums from a particular arists when they are organized that way.

thanks
-steve