Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#98333 - 07/06/2002 22:12 FS: 30 GB Mk2 empeg with Tuner, empeg Bag, more
SweetySoft
new poster

Loc: Cedar Rapids, IA
Hello,

I have come to the decision to sell my 30 GB empeg Mk2, which I purchased from empeg in November 2000. This is mostly due to the fact I have not used it much in the last year, since I decided not to install the unit into my new car. As much as I would like to keep everything because of it's sentimental value, it makes more sense financially for me to sell.

In addition to offering what came with the original unit, I have a new tuner which I never installed or used. I will also be including a blue empeg bag (from empeg), a couple of extra power supplies from allelectronics(?), and an extra remote that I acquired from another Kenwood unit. This extra remote is different and in addition to the Kenwood credit card remote that came with the empeg, and it has close to the same functionality. The blue antireflective panel is installed, but I will also send the non-AR panel.

Everything is in great condition both in appearance and functionality. I have never opened the unit myself. It was serviced by empeg in February of 2001 when they replaced the hard drive. Since then I have had no problems.

I would prefer to sell everything together at a price of $1095, which includes shipping within the US, but will entertain offers on separate components if it works out better. I would prefer to sell here to someone in the US, but if there is a lack of interest, I will have to resort to listing on ebay. Based on recent auctions I am valuing the tuner close to $400 and the empeg unit and accessories around $700+.

PM me or email me at duaneockenfels(at)yahoo(dot)com if you have any interest or questions.

Regards,

Duane

#98334 - 09/06/2002 08:13 Re: FS: 30 GB Mk2 empeg with Tuner, empeg Bag, more [Re: SweetySoft]
jwickis
addict

Loc: India
This is mostly due to the fact I have not used it much in the last year, since I decided not to install the unit into my new car.

You had for a year and never installed it, no wonder you haven't used it much. Install it you won't regret it.

#98335 - 09/06/2002 12:53 Re: FS: 30 GB Mk2 empeg with Tuner, empeg Bag, more [Re: jwickis]
SweetySoft
new poster

In reply to:

You had for a year and never installed it, no wonder you haven't used it much. Install it you won't regret it.

I appreciate your suggestion. I totally agree that empeg is superior to other head units. I had the empeg installed in my previous car and it was wonderful. However, I have thought about this a considerable amount of time and in my opinion, which of course is the one that matters most to me, I feel I do not need the empeg at this time and that I could put my investment in it to better use.

Some of the reasons I have opted not to install the empeg is because of my current vehicle, of which I initially considered the possibility of installation here. It would be considerable work and money for me to come up with a solution that I would be more pleased with than just leaving it alone. Even if I had the empeg installed, I am not sure that I would use it as much as you think. We have a couple of decent radio stations here and I like to hear new music without having to invest and expand my personal collection. I only drive 10 minutes one way to work each day and probably average around 8K miles a year. I am a person who does not like to hassle with things, and to me, it was too much to have to carry the empeg in and out of the car everytime I wanted to make a trip, especially in the winter. The only solution I would probably be happy with is to have the empeg feed into an existing head unit so that if I did not want to bring it with me, I would still have music. However, there is no good place to put an extra head unit in my car without replacing/relocating the factory unit, which I did not want to do, so I have decided I do not need the empeg. I used it regularly for close to a year in my old vehicle and enjoyed it, but I also did without it for the last year and learned I could do without. For these and other reasons, I made the decision to sell it. My reasons for doing without it may seem silly to others, especially those on this board, and I know there are workable solutions, but everyone is different and financially it made more sense to me to sell. I hope to find someone who will enjoy and benefit more than I will from the use and functionality of the empeg.

Regards,

Duane

#98336 - 10/06/2002 11:55 Re: FS: 30 GB Mk2 empeg with Tuner, empeg Bag, more [Re: SweetySoft]
stahimooney

Loc: Virginia
If all else fails mount it in your trunk and run an IR repeater or serial cable.

Just a thought. Friends don't let friends get rid of their empegs... LOL
stahi

#98337 - 14/06/2002 00:05 Re: FS: 30 GB Mk2 empeg with Tuner, empeg Bag, more [Re: SweetySoft]
ithoughti
old hand

Loc: Boston, MA USA
Listen, I don't want to be a dick or anything, but unless you really need the money, I don't think that you are trying hard enough...

these two statements seem to prove that.

In addition to offering what came with the original unit, I have a new tuner which I never installed or used

We have a couple of decent radio stations here and I like to hear new music without having to invest and expand my personal collection

but whatever, I don't care.

#98338 - 14/06/2002 01:48 Re: FS: 30 GB Mk2 empeg with Tuner, empeg Bag, more [Re: SweetySoft]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't go over to the dark side. There is no return. Empeg has EOL'd.

#98339 - 19/06/2002 20:01 Re: FS: 30 GB Mk2 empeg with Tuner, empeg Bag, more [Re: SweetySoft]
SweetySoft
new poster

I have sold everything except for the tuner, which is now up for auction here. Thanks for all interest expressed.

Regards,

Duane