Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#158094 - 30/04/2003 07:01 Name That Movie
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Old memories:

I remember seeing a movie when I was much younger (on our black and white TV). The bits I can remember were:
* that it was about some kind of industrial or government espionage.
* that the starting and ending scene have a guy and a girl piloting this incredibly fast boat around a (badly backscreened) bay; eventually they start making out and end up crashing the boat into the sand, still kissing.
* that there's one scene where an agent has planted a bug on a plate of hors d'ouevres, and then someone picks it up and eats it and the guy listening goes through agony.
* that the house that (someone) lives in has all these latest gadgets including an automated vacuum cleaner that, naturally, goes out of control.
* that the key to the movie is that the computer that controls access to some secret plans accepts voice code authorisation, so the bad guys merely record the good guy when he says the code words.

Title, stars and availability in DVD region 4, please

TIA,

Paul

#158095 - 30/04/2003 08:27 Re: Name That Movie [Re: PaulWay]
MarkH

Hmm - long shot - Billion Dollar Brain ?

Regards

Mark

#158096 - 30/04/2003 23:35 Re: Name That Movie [Re: MarkH]
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
From what little I can see about the movie, I don't think so. Some of it sounds familiar, but only in a generic spy action type way. I definitely don't remember any icebergs or freezing water in closing scenes - from memory it had more of a tropical feel. But I'd have to see it to be sure, my memory used to be my sense of smell. Hmmmm. Chance of finding anywhere that rents it out: 0.327%.

Still, Billion Dollar Brain sounds interesting anway...

Paul