Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#189236 - 12/11/2003 11:07 For the WRX owners
ithoughti
old hand

Loc: Boston, MA USA
Hello all,

Ive been following this thread on NASIOC.com for a long time now, and it seems like there have been some developments.

For those who don't want to read the entire thread, there is a very cool nav screen housing that is only available in Japan for around $2K, and someone was trying to manufacture a custom one for sale here. That didn't happen, but now it seems like we may be able to get this screen housing without having to purchase the screen and nav system along with it. I can only assume that this would mean a significant price difference, and you could purchase a screen and nav setup of your choice here in the U.S.

So anyway, to make a long story short, have a look at the link, it goes to one of the latest posts by the guy who is offering to get these housings imported.

#189237 - 12/11/2003 12:09 Re: For the WRX owners [Re: ithoughti]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
I've been following that thread for as long as i've known about NASIOC too. The funny thing was that someone actually got one on a trip over there and tried to sell it in the classifieds for like $600... and no one bought it last i'd checked, but that was a long time ago. Man, if you could convert that thing to have a pop-up empeg... that would be sweeeet. I never could figure out if it's motorized or manual though... any idea?

#189238 - 12/11/2003 12:17 Re: For the WRX owners [Re: loren]
ithoughti
old hand

From what I've read and been able to find out, its a manual operation. Push down on it and it pops up on a spring action type of thing. Which as far as I'm concered is great, that means that it shouldn't be too costly.

#189239 - 12/11/2003 14:56 Re: For the WRX owners [Re: ithoughti]
ithoughti
old hand

hmmmm....

after a bit further reading, and recent replies to that thread, it looks as though it may be motorized after all.

well, no difference, I'm getting it either way