Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#199662 - 20/01/2004 15:11 Is Tivo going to get sued for this? Tivo2Go
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
http://www.tivo.com/5.3.1.1.asp?article=196

January 8, 2004 - LAS VEGAS – INTERNATIONAL CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SHOW – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) announced today it intends to deliver a new service release in the Fall of 2004 called “TiVoToGoTM.” For the first time, TiVo subscribers with Home Media Option(TM) will be able to move their favorite programs stored on a TiVo DVR to a laptop for viewing on the road, or to any PC. For those who have a PC equipped with a DVD burner, programs can then be burned to DVD so users can take the TiVo experience with them wherever they go.

Maybe they won't get sued. then...

Once selected, the secure and encrypted TiVo recorded programs are moved to the PC, where the TiVo Content Security Key is used to unlock the files for playback or burning, preventing files from being shared online, outside of the user’s home network.

#199663 - 24/01/2004 12:18 Re: Is Tivo going to get sued for this? Tivo2Go [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Very cool. I've been doing this with my ReplayTV and DVArchive. With my new work schedule, there is a decent bit of downtime later at night, so I just open DVArchive and select the show I want to watch. Will be nice to see TiVo getting this feature added with no hacking required.