Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#289808 - 15/11/2006 02:52 Need serious server help!
SonicSnoop
addict

Loc: Triangle, VA
I have a windows 2003 server that had some bad hardware failures between the scsi controller and backplain (according to HP) it is a HP Proliant DL380 G3 Server.. somewhere along the way data got corrupted to the point where I cant log into windows anymore keeps saying to go to Directory Services Restore Mode.. However I do not have the Local Admin password only the Active Directory Admin password so I cant get into there.. I tried to use the Offline NT Password and Registry editor ( http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ ) however it does not have the serverworks driver so I am unable to see the partition. according to the probe it needs cciss which it has and serverworks. Could someone tell me where I can get this driver and how to get it on this cd image so I can get this server back up and running? Or another way I can get this working? Ive seen the many posts about how to reset that password once in windows however I can not get in it will not let me. Keeps giving me the prompt to do Directory Services Restore mode and reboots. I would be FOREVER greatful for any help you can provide! Thanks guys!
-D Modifying and Tweaking is a journey, not a destination................................ MKIIa : 60gig - 040103286 - Blue - v2 + PCATS tuner MKIIa : 20gig - 040103260 - Blue - v3a8 + Mark Lord Special Edition Cherry Dock

#289809 - 15/11/2006 13:29 Re: Need serious server help! [Re: SonicSnoop]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
The docs say:
Quote:
How to load a 3rd party driver

* You need the binary driver for 2.6.x kernels (2.6.7 on the bootisk right now, but a lot 2.6-series drivers may load OK. Or not. Try!)
* It's the .ko file you need from the driver set. If there are lot's of files in the driver archive you got, look in the readme's there to find out what's the correct module file to load.
* Put that in the "scsi" directory on the bootfloppy (delete what's there if the disk is full)
* Or add it to the existing drivers on the scsi-floppy.
* Try to load it from the driver select, see bootdisk doc for this.
* A driver will usually list the disks it finds, and also some other information if it loads correctly.
* The load of 3rd party drivers are now forced, (insmod -f), that is there is no (or little) version check by the loader, so if the loader manages to load it in, it will try to run. And probably crash if it has some special requirements that's not present in this version.

The appropriate drivers should be on this page.

#289810 - 15/11/2006 13:31 Re: Need serious server help! [Re: wfaulk]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Quote:
have a windows 2003 server that had some bad hardware failures...

The docs say:
Quote:
How to load a 3rd party driver

* You need the binary driver for 2.6.x kernels (2.6.7 on the bootisk right now, but a lot 2.6-series drivers may load OK. Or not. Try!)
* It's the .ko file you need from the driver set. If there are lot's of files in the driver archive you got, look in the readme's there to find out what's the correct module file to load.
* Put that in the "scsi" directory on the bootfloppy (delete what's there if the disk is full)
* Or add it to the existing drivers on the scsi-floppy.
* Try to load it from the driver select, see bootdisk doc for this.
* A driver will usually list the disks it finds, and also some other information if it loads correctly.
* The load of 3rd party drivers are now forced, (insmod -f), that is there is no (or little) version check by the loader, so if the loader manages to load it in, it will try to run. And probably crash if it has some special requirements that's not present in this version.

The appropriate drivers should be on this page.

Cool. I hadn't known that Windows Server used a Linux kernel under the hood!

#289811 - 15/11/2006 13:34 Re: Need serious server help! [Re: mlord]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
That's for the password recovery software he linked to, not Windows.

#289812 - 15/11/2006 14:50 Re: Need serious server help! [Re: SonicSnoop]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Are there any other local accounts that are part of the admin group? Backup IDs, OA&M monitoring tools, etc?

#289813 - 15/11/2006 17:35 Re: Need serious server help! [Re: mlord]
frog51
pooh-bah

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Hahaha - we wish
MkII, 80Gb SSD in dock

#289814 - 16/11/2006 15:59 Re: Need serious server help! [Re: frog51]
SonicSnoop
addict

Loc: Triangle, VA
Thanks for the replies guys it ended up getting much worse.. the entire registry was corrupted. nothing worked at all.. it ended up stop booting.. I did a parallel install on the server and with alot of work got veritas installed and restored the last backup system state and service state and got the box back up.. have a few minor software issues to work out but at least the server boots up now.. Thanks for the help!
-D Modifying and Tweaking is a journey, not a destination................................ MKIIa : 60gig - 040103286 - Blue - v2 + PCATS tuner MKIIa : 20gig - 040103260 - Blue - v3a8 + Mark Lord Special Edition Cherry Dock