Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#292483 - 19/01/2007 16:18 Temporary Email address
burdell1
old hand

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Is there a possible way to get a temporary email address with a specific domain name? I work for an electronics company and there is an accomodations website where i can purchase stuff at a big discount. However, because my company is pretty cheap, they don't give all the employees a company email address. And the place where I want to buy this accomodation from requires an email address that ends with (for example, @compusa.com) I tried asking the manager at work about getting an email address, but it is like pulling teeth to get that. I tried with the company that has the employee accomodation, but they are looking into it. So, I thought maybe there was someplace where you can get a temporary email address that would forwad to my regular email.... has anyone heard of such a thing?

#292484 - 19/01/2007 16:37 Re: Temporary Email address [Re: burdell1]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Just to be clear, you want an email address with a specific domain, but the people in charge of that domain's email don't want to give you one? There's nothing you can do but change their minds.

#292485 - 19/01/2007 16:43 Re: Temporary Email address [Re: burdell1]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
Quote:
However, because my company is pretty cheap, they don't give all the employees a company email address.

I hope they've evaluated that saving against the cost of appearing to all their contacts to be either fly-by-night or just dumb. What, did the sysadmin get an AOL CD in the mail and it only has ten email addresses on it? For a decade it's been a reasonable public expectation that firstname.lastname@employer.com gets to the person you think, except maybe at the very largest and smallest companies.

Peter

#292486 - 19/01/2007 17:54 Re: Temporary Email address [Re: burdell1]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

If nothing else, you can buy a domain name of your very own and use somebody like Google to host it for you (Google Apps for your Domain is presently free). Total cost to you is less than $10. In effect, you're setting up a complete shell company. Whether this is an advisable solution to the problem is another matter.

#292487 - 19/01/2007 17:57 Re: Temporary Email address [Re: DWallach]
furtive
old hand

Loc: London, UK
Or use a service like this

http://www.domainsarefree.com/email-forwarding.html

Can't you just use your personal email address?