I've acquired a client with a very real issue that I've not had experience with before. She's had, in the past, a problem where someone put a keylogger on her computer.

Clearly this is a terrible thing, and I want to make sure she's protected from this happening again. This doesn't seem like something that most antiviruses would see, though, unless it was part of a virus.

I'll going over other security issues with her, like creating strong enough passwords on her email and other services, and making sure her wireless network has the proper security, but software keyloggers are something I've never dealt with before. It's easy enough to look at the back of her computer and make sure there's no hardware keyloggers, but I don't know about the software side. Granted, either one would require some sort of access to the computer, clearly physical access for the hardware variety, but I'd like to make sure there's no bad software on there.

Thanks for the help. If you can think of any other issues when it comes to protecting from specifically targeted attacks it would be much appreciated. Man, some people are real freaks...