And now, the Moto X has been announced. The guts are very similar to the Verizon-exclusive Droid phones, including the full-time voice scanning for "Okay Google Now". The promise of all-day battery life under mixed use is promising. It's got a variety of colored skins and your choice of 16 or 32GB of Flash storage.

Notable other features or missing bits: AMOLED screen of some sort (like the Galaxy Nexus and unlike the Nexus 4), 802.11ac and all the new Bluetooth stuff, LTE (unspecified which bands), nano-SIM card (just like the iPhone), no support for Micro SD.

The only price they've announced so far is $199 on contract with AT&T. We don't know the unlocked price yet. They're saying there will be a Google Play Edition, which is clearly the one you'd want.

At this point, I'm most curious to know about the rest of the pricing as well as the detailed radio specs (e.g., whether it's as broadly useful as the new Nexus 7, with its support for so many different radio bands).

What I don't care about are the issues that many of the online hoi polloi are tooting. I don't care that the screen isn't 1080p. My current 720p screen is already insanely high res. I similarly don't care that it's not a quad-core CPU vs. dual-core. What matters is that they're offloading lots of stuff to the secondary cores, so the primary cores take fewer interrupts. And I *really* don't care that the screen is a bit smaller than the Samsung GS4. To me, the Galaxy Nexus is already a bit on the large side. It appears that they've done a ton of engineering to shrink the bezel around the screen. I'm impressed.

Edited by drakino (01/08/2013 19:53)