I've installed Mark Lords lagtest Hijack kernel which supports mp3 and m3u playlist streaming via http - which works well.

However, winamp [v2.77] refuses to show the Track info in the ID3 tags in the stream. It shows only 'stream name' i.e. the Fid of the stream being played but when you view the stream info it acknowledges that there is a id3 tag present - it just seems to ignore it.

Interestingly when the m3u file is played initially the Winamp playlist shows up with full title/artist info for each song in the m3u but as each track is played it gets munged to its fid.

This sounds like a Winamp bug to me - I have tried the same on the very latest Winamp [v2.78] or is this something we need to give some feed to Mark about.
[Mark Lord doesn't run Windows so won't be running Winamp 2.X so if he's not giving Winamp what he should we need to work it out and pass the info along rather than expecting Mark to work it out for himself - plus Mark is real busy on even better hacks so its not wise to burden him with this one unless its a hijack issue].