(Yeah, yeah, I could probably post this on the TiVo forum, but the advice over here always seems to be of the highest quality...)

So I got my DirecTV/TiVo box installed yesterday afternoon and everything seems to be working great. By forcing it to dial in several times, I've been able to get it mostly up to date -- I've now got version 2.5 of the software to take advantage of my dual tuners and such, and it seems to have mostly downloaded all the schedule information.

Random questions:

- There are still some holes in my schedule, particularly for the local channels. It will say "to be announced". As it dials in again and again, will all this junk be filled in?

- I've been able to figure out how to ask TiVo WishLists to follow professional basketball teams (searching for the team name in the title), but I can't figure out how to follow college teams the same way. All the titles seem to be something unhelpful like "College Basketball", and a keyword search on the team that I want ("California", i.e., "UC Berkeley") is coming up blank. Any ideas?

- Do I want to go to the trouble of using any of the TiVo backdoors? The only thing that really screams at me is the 30-second skip feature. Is it noticably more useful for skipping commercials than the usual fast-forward mechanism?

- Is there some way to internally disable Macrovision, or would I need an external box?

- I was planning to stick with the one built-in hard drive rather than dropping in a second one to increase my capacity, mostly on the theory that there will be some outrageously better thing available by the end of the year so my current TiVo head unit wasn't worth throwing a lot of money into. Do you agree? Disagree? Would my quality of life change significantly if I had a second hard drive now?