Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#221634 - 18/06/2002 13:49 Support response: Is Rio Receiver discontinued?
Lumpawg
stranger

From the folks at Rio when asked why they had removed the Rio Receiever from their website:

------------------------------

Dear Valued Customer,

Sorry, the product is not presently available through SonicBlue. We are not
presently manufacturing it, however it is possible more would be built, we
do not have information on any time frame.
------------------------------

I wish they would just come out and say they've discontinued it. If they were really just out of stock, they could have said so on their site. Taking down the product isn't going to drum up requests/demand for more....

C

#221635 - 18/06/2002 15:16 Re: Support response: Is Rio Receiver discontinued? [Re: Lumpawg]
gperkins
stranger

I guess with jreceiver out there, who cares if they support it? It's harder to set up, but much more useful in the long run. I'd rather have my music in a real db that I could access from anywhere.

Greg

#221636 - 19/06/2002 02:53 Re: Support response: Is Rio Receiver discontinued? [Re: gperkins]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
I'd rather have my music in a real db that I could access from anywhere.

There's nothing illusory about the db in the supplied server software. But you're right about the access-from-anywhere thing; someone ought to come up with desktop Receiver-protocol players for Windows and Linux. (Yes, Roger, you can stream stuff out of the web server, but that's never going to be as pretty as a native application, or even a Java one.)

Peter