Xircom (Intel) just recently released what I trust to be a competing product to Apple's Airconnect series - the Wireless Ethernet Access Point.

The link to their page is here.

It seems to be a fairly nice looking gadget and even the price is quite competitive. Now I've been threading through a bit and seen some projects about ppl hooking up to their Empeg's while the car is parked outside, with the Empeg inside it.. Can this gadget be utilized as (I think it can) the gateway to reach Empeg with fex. your laptop with a wireless ethernet card in it? Don't go too far into describing how, I know how, what I am wondering is how to fit this gadget with the Empeg and especially, what kind of gadget do I need to make it work with my car's battery...as I'm going to be installing an external amplifier (wonder why ;P) and a subwoofer, perhaps the RJ45 from the Empeg car slot could go along those audio wires I am going to have to get through to the trunk (VW Golf type 4) for those.. and power could be somehow supplied from there too so I could place the wave-LAN thing onto the 'hat compartment' in the back.

The tech specs are located here. I'm not a Macintosh man so I will rather support Xircom (Intel) this time.

Amarth