I currently have an Alpine CVA-1005 head unit in my car. For those that are not familiar with this head unit, it has a motorized slide/fold 6.5 inch color LCD screen for video applications. Once the empeg comes (reg #144) I will be running the audio from the alpine to the aux input on the empeg. I would like to get some song information on that screen from the empeg through the video inputs. The empeg guys have already stated there will be no TV output implemented on the empeg itself :( I realize that the exact display the empeg uses would not make a good TV display.

My question is: (finally) Is it possible to output the song info and maybe next song to the serial line? If possible, how difficult is it and who knows how? Is this something the guys at empeg could impliment since they know the most about it?
Once the info is out on the serial line I can take over and get that to a character generator or other hardware to put up on the screen.
Does anyone want to team up with me on this project?
My electrical knowledge, your software knowledge!
Are simple visualizations through the serial line too much for real time screen updates?

I can also see this desired by people that would like to plug it into a TV at home.

Thanks,

Alex Lear