I'm gonna start a new thread so there...

OK, First the good news: It works! Left or right delays of up to 12.7ms in 0.1ms steps (about 3.3 cms or 1.3 inches) work and controlled thru Hijack with the setting saved in the same manner as other Hijack functions. I honestly can't hear a real difference on PC speakers on my desk but I don't have a car at the moment. I could add delays upto 25 odd ms in steps of 0.2 ms if people want it.

I have tested it by sampling a pure sine analogue audio output into my PC using Cooledit and then checking the difference in start/stop times. There are a few small clicks when you change the delay time while playing which I can probably remove with a bit of fine tuning.

I have allocated an extra 2304 bytes of kmalloc memory for the buffer. Can anyone see a problem with this? The buffering doesn't seem to load the CPU excessively.

Now the bad news: Because I don't have a car (and I had to catch the last train so I could catch the last bus), I didn't have time to completely tidy up the first release and put it on a website for you guys. Now I'm at home and it's sleep time for us here in Oz.

So look for a binary sometime in about 12 hours from now.

If you guys can comment on what I have said above I can probably make the changes before I release the first binary.
#40104192 120Gb (no longer in my E36 M3, won't fit the E46 M3)