Thought I'd start a new thread, since the 0.12 thread is getting rather long.

Derrick, regarding your time-sending patch:

Tried it today, with my clock set to non-DST time (i.e. winter months time). The time to display the very first satellite, and the time to acquire a group of satellites (i.e., all 8 bars appear although not all of them with signals), seemed to be much improved. Both of those things were almost immediate, at least within the first 90 seconds, when in the past those things would take up to four minutes.

The final stage, where I'm waiting for the bars to turn white, still seemed to take the same amount of time. But any bootup speed improvement is a good thing, so I'm happy.

Now the question is... Starting at midnight tonight, My empeg clock will be on correct UTC -8 for and this time patch will work. But what about six months from now when we go back into daylight savings time (spring/summer months)?

Or do I have it wrong and the player already does automatic DST correction? I forget. I always get confused this time of year.

Jan, GPSapp operation notes:

I've notice that in recent versions, if I go off-track, it doesn't seem to re-acquire the track once I'm back "on" as easily as it used to. Example:

With the above example, in the past, it seemed to track me correctly, even though I took a "short-cut" around the (faulty) MapsOnUs waypoint. When I re-acquired the track, it would skip ahead to the next waypoint. In the current software, it seems to "stick" on the missed waypoint, and I have to twiddle the knob before it re-acquires my track and starts behaving as expected again.

Another comment to come in the next message, but it requires another attachment...

Attachments
121871-acquire.gif (147 downloads)