I have had my empeg for over 3 months now and it still does not work in my car. It works perfectly fine and the trouble has been with installation and the numbnuts that call themselves experts in my area... I will give my moral first, you can read the story if you are further interested....

moral: CAN NOT ADD EMPEG TO CHEVY FACTORY SYSTEM BY HARDWIRE...

One sunny day in 2002, happy go lucky myself went out and purchased a 2002 Chevy Tahoe. Extremely happy with my purchase, I wanted to upgrade the factory system and add an empeg to play my library of MP3s. Behold!!! the factory system actually sounds pretty damned good. I did some preliminary investigation and found that there were 3rd party companies who made adapters to add rca outputs to the factory system via the CD changer connector on the back of the unit (peripheral electronics - junk!). Talking to my local stereo installer who agreed, purchased the ONSTAR adapter, the cd changer adapter and had it all installed, cutting the center console to install my newly shiney empeg. Picked the car up and Alternator Whine!!! returned the car and the installer could find no wrong, called Peripheral and found that the factory system does not work with their adapters... Solution provided by installer??? Buy a new head unit, preferably Alpine.

Fine! bought the Chevy sized Alpine unit with the AiNet input. Installer states $20 adapter will be necessary for input of empeg RCA outputs... Calls back and states the Alpine Chevy sized head unit does not have versalink... now will need $80 adapter... Fine... installs and calls again... versalink adapter requires CD changer to work... #?!@!!! I purchased CD changer and now there are concerns with 4v outputs vs. Alpine versalink RCA input 850mv maximums... #!@ again....

To this day, no MP3s yet...

Moral again? Do your homework... I am taking suggestions for all who can wake me from my nightmare....