Hi,

recently some ideas about tuner improvements spawned somewhere inside my sick little brain

1. dump this 'three banks of presets' concept, go for a plain 'there are thirty presets' one. access to the 30 presets would be like in some big tuners, pressing '1' repeatedy cycles through presets 1,11,21; pressing '2' cycles 2,12,22 and so on.

2. presets don't store frequencies but RDS PID's so that you dont switch frequencies but stations. If I were to switch to, say, preset 1 which contains a station with RDS but was tuned to some frequency where there is some other station right now (I am somewhere else right now) it would trigger a RDS AF scan. This could be a) a config option or b) configurable per preset, like if you gonna store a frequency AND there is PID and AF info it would ask you wether to store the frequency OR the AF data.

3. background scanning of AF frequencies. as several others posted here. in tuner AND player mode. the whole TA system is useless when the empeg doesn't notice that it doesn't get the TA satation anymore because I'm listening to mp3 at the moment.

bye,
[L]