Tom and Ray seem to like them, too, and have recommended them on-air a couple of times in recent weeks.

Their car-o-scope told me I should be driving a ram charger or a cutlass, so I have to wonder about them...

Rarity is an advantage, too. Jettas are a dime a dozen, heads won't turn. The Cooper will turn heads.

I consider that an advantage for the Jetta. The Cooper wll probably have the same idiot men pestering me at red lights effect (one guy tried to pick me up with his wife in the drivers seat and kid in the back. If I was his wife, I probably would have beat the crap out of him) the Cabrio has. And the GLI drives a hell of a lot better than the Cooper. It unfortunately has a limited selection of colors, none of which I find terribly desirable.

Disclaimer: Don't know anything about fitting an empeg in there. Definitely investigate this before deciding.

Going over to Mini on Wednesday to watch them take apart some guys dash. Everything else I've looked at is no picnic for this, so it really doesn't weigh heavily, as any installation is gonna be a pain in the ass.

Only other concern is: can you expect to keep selling Veedubs if you're driving a Cooper?

Not a prblem at all. You think I let customers near my personal car? I had a VW before the job, which did get me hired, but thats about it. And things are getting pretty [censored] up around here, so I may be on my way elsewhere. The only reason most salesmen drive what they sell is because they're usually demos. Here, we get cash. I prefer it this way, I'd rather have my employer paying for my fuckyou car.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony