I find it interesting that the first site there lists his cartoons in order of ascending difficulty.

Yes, I'm not quite sure what possessed that person to think that they could rank order of difficulty. 'Course it's their web page, they can do what they want. And to completely contradict myself, I'll say that they are biased toward some latter books like "Biggest Tongue in Tunisia" that I think are less funny, harder, and that maybe Kliban did just to amuse himself (and maybe piss somebody off at Workman!). Nothing in that list from "Whack Your Porcupine" or "Never Eat Anything Bigger Than Your Head", my favorites (and easier!).

In fact, it was on the occasion of ordering used copies of NEABTYH and WYP (couldn't find my originals -- loaned and never returned in a past life, I think -- and I wanted to look at more Klibans like this one that used to hang over my desk) that I mused on this question again -- L vs. K?

Didn't Kliban do the classic book "101 uses for a dead cat"?

That was someone else. Apparently kliban owned some cats (to the extent that you can ever *really* own cats) and his "Cats" stuff started out as self-amusing character studies of his pets. Now 12 years after he beamed up, they continue to be big business and at some point they may be all that comes to the public mind when you mention his name. That's part of what motivated me to post the poll.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.