Go to USPS.gov and take it up with them. A packaged sled weighs about 3-4 pounds. Unless you can wait a month or two, that is the cheapest price.

I could also ship UPS or Fedex but that is a minimum of $49. I shipped out 2 sleds to someone in the UK via UPS and it cost $62 for the one package. And no, I am not going to Mailboxes Etc. We have a UPS shipping terminal in-house, and get a discounted rate on top of that.

None of the shipping prices are intentionally inflated. In fact, within the US, I am shipping via UPS and am taking a bit of a loss on anyone that is ordering their sled shipped to a residential address.

The last thing I'm trying to do is fleece the empeg community. I have been a member of this BBS far too long to let sleds affect how people view me. I don't want what happened to Darkstorm happening to me.

PS - Anything outside the US is charged the same amount for shipping, so there is nothing dynamic hapening there. I forget what country I used for the $25 figure, but it was either UK or NL. Once I start sending out the sleds and actually go to the post office, I will have a better idea of what the actual cost is. If it turns out to be significantly less, I will offer refunds to people who have already placed an order.