You mean the top and bottom buttons of the empeg front panel?

Naaaah, that's cheating! It has to go on the remote, otherwise what's the point of the remote in the first place! When I'm driving, I frequently use the forward/back, play/pause (ATT) and the volume. Without the ATT, then I can't just pause without having to dive to the front panel (where I risk multiple key presses due to my Mini's bumpy suspension ).

Although I agree that it would be nice to change playlists while driving, this activity itself is pretty intensive depending on how you arrange your playlists. For me, I have to look at the empeg to close the control-activity loop, making it dodgy while driving. Given empeg Ltd. have implemented the "wally startup protection" feature to prevent accidents, I doubt they will be immediately interested in adding this for the R700. And yes I know, I have re-read what Mike said about implementing this, so it might have well been on the wish list once, but Mike wrote it a long time ago, before release 10.Nanny

In the end, it's a toss up between people wanting play/pause (ATT) plus radio select (SRC), or Menu enter (SRC)/Menu exit (ATT). Why not start a thread getting R700 owners to vote on a preference? Mike and Hugo can then ignore it at their leisure, and we get a sense of righteousness at the propogation of the myth of democracy

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015