I must agree here.. this is the first time that I have heard the sled was taken as well. I think the thief knew what it was and knew what to take, there is enough information on the web if not this very site. If thats the case, the thief probably knows better than to sell it on ebay. I hate to say it but I think this player is gone, ending up in someone elses car.

I remove mine and bring it in with me here at work, but usually leave it in the car if I am just running around town. I may start rethinking that.. and now it seems I need to figure out how to pretect my sled and tuner too!

As for the similar plates.. there could be more going on here than meets the eye. How do we know that the eye witness did not get the correct plate number? The thief may have stolen those as well, put them on his car for just such an emergency, and put his originals back on when he was safe. Just an outside possibility, and I hope a wrong one. Similar numbers provide a better chance of finding the thief.

But I do know that I would not leave my car double parked while performing a crime, that kind of stands out.. dont you think? Maybe this guy is not so bright afterall.