Again, so sorry to hear about it. It makes me so much more happy to have a garage to park my vehicle in at night, though my community is mostly retired people, and my overall local area is a tourist town and retiree area, so there are luckily much fewer crimes than in most areas. But I do travel quite often to less-than-safe areas.

I wonder, and maybe you guys could answer this. How safe is an average laptop security cable? would a theif be carrying something strong enough to cut one? If not, I imagine if you looped it around the bottom of one of the seats, and had the empeg under the seat, there's less of a chance of someone taking it. Just a thought.

*edit*
What do you guys suggest for instances when you can't bring the player with you? The area I was talking about as a bad one for me is the local movie theaters. They're about 25-30 minutes away (for the good ones), and it would be annoying to not have music at all. But I can't put my player in a trunk because I have no trunk (minivan). hmmm...perhaps I'll make some room in the spare tire cavity...

Edited by DiGNAN17 (19/08/2002 06:43)