Hi.

The data part of a type 0x05 chunk really is a tar archive which gets extracted to /drive0. The only thing about it that I didn't check yet is wether /drive0 is formated or erased before this happens, but I _think_ it isn't.

EDIT: To clarify this, as it is easily mistaken: I know that it is _intended_ behaviour to untar that chunks data part to /drive0, but (like Peter said) was never implemented. I did think however, that it was implemented in the 2.0 betas somehow.

Also, I want to note that it was a conscious decision to only allow known chunk types in upgrade files. This way I wanted to prevent the user from unintentionally creating an upgrade file in an unsupported (by empeg) format.

I also tried to sum as much information in the "index" file as possible. Therefore I don't read single lined texts from external files but from the index itself. I loosened that approach for the 0x04 and 0x05 chunk types though, because I didn't have the time to do it right.
That being said, I would choose a different approach today, allowing the user to override the default behaviour and thus allowing for unknown chunk types.

cu,
sven

Edited by smu (19/08/2002 15:07)