I just tried it last night. It's really nice. It does have some quirks still, but I think they really hit the mark. They could have gone totally bloatware, but it still seems to be pretty lean and mean, despite the fact that the skins are really really customizable. The AVS is now integrated, which is good, because AVS can pretty much do most anything traditional vis plugins can. The movie playing is really slick too, and I'm now using Winamp3 in place of Windows Media Player.

The coolest thing I've found is a thing called "explorer playlist" which lets you browse folders really easily from the playlist editor. Very slick, handles recursive directories, etc.

There aren't a lot of plugins available for it yet, but they'll be coming. And there's some kind of 2.x plugin manager that can use 2.x DSP and general purpose plugins.

All in all, pleasantly surprised. I skipped all the betas, and this release will need some follow-up bugfix releases, but I think they did a real good job. It's refreshing to see Winamp stay true to its homebrew roots while still innovating with new features.