Sigh.

Okay. This was my first attempt at uploading with these new PrePre jEmplodes and it didn't go well at all.

The main problem is that it failed to upload everything I told it to, and it also seems to have failed rebuilding the players database, as after the ``sync'', the player took quite a while on that item in the startup phase.

To be complete, I first dragged a folder from Windows Explorer to the main playlists item. Oddly, it only inserted the subdirectories of that folder (that is, I dragged an artist folder, and it put album playlists at the top level and the artist playlist was nowhere to be seen). So I created the artist playlist and cut the (single) album playlist, clicked on the artist playlist and clicked paste (all with the toolbar buttons).

The next folder I dragged into the opened main playlist window and it seemed to insert properly.

I then placed the two new top-level playlists in the correct position. (BTW, is there any faster way to do that than clicking the up/down buttons multiple times, like emplode's Alt-drag?)

Then I synced. I wasn't paying close attention, but everything seemed to go fine until towards the end, when it seemed to stop before it uploaded all of the tracks. It also took a long time to restart the player, as it was rebuilding the database(s). I noticed that some of the tracks were still red, so I tried to sync again, but jEmplode didn't try to upload anything, but it did reboot the player again, taking a long time. Then I exited jEmplode and it told me that I should sync. I told it not to bother, since I was sure it wouldn't do anything.

I started up emplode. None of the new playlists were there. A ``refs=0'' search showed many, but not all, of the tracks I'd intended to upload. I deleted them and followed the same procedure again, except under emplode, and everything worked fine.

This is pre5 under Windows 2000 Pro. I'm not sure what JRE jEmplode is using. I'm double-clicking on the jEmplode.exe executable, but I have both 1.4.0_01 and 1.3.1_04 installed. If I double-click on the jar file, the toolbar buttons are wider than when I run the exe. This bug was under the exe. (Maybe you could put the Java version in the about box?)

The player is running beta13 with Hijack v291.

Edit: This is all via ethernet. Is it possible that the use-hijack option might be screwing things up? ISTR that that's the default, and I don't believe I've touched that option.

Edited by wfaulk (31/08/2002 01:54)