empeg newbie + car audio newbie = FireFox31. That said, I'm trying have an installer drop an empeg and a second CD/radio head unit into the glorious >double DIN opening in my Volvo V70. No, I would not like to give out details if possible because of fears of serial empeg stealers like those that may have hit Loren.

The V70 has a slide-out double DIN headunit (with amp, I'm assuming) in which the empeg fits NICELY with enough room for a second unit. I'm not sure if I should use empeg as secondary to a head unit with a built in amp or if I should just spring for the separate amp (which I kind of don't want to do). Any recommendations on a simple looking, black, CD/Radio/Amp (or MP3CD/CD/Radio/Amp) headunit with a decent Amp?

But, if I get the external amp, I can't decide on the chain. Both options have their situations, as I read in the FAQ. Since I NEED the radio without the empeg, I'll have to have the empeg as secondary.

But, cutting out the empeg's cool volume / EQ controls seems like a crying shame. So, could I use the empeg volume / EQ to control the empeg while it's AUX on a second headunit? Would that help shape the empeg sound or not? That way I'd at least have good EQ (and cool dB rated volume) on the empeg if nothing else.

But, are there any simple external amps that have the ability to switch between two head units? That would be i-diddley-deal for my situation. And how can they switch, with a push button and hopefully NOT a remote (since I'm not a remote kinda guy)?

Oh, and does anyone have any ideas of how in the WORLD I would wire two head units and maybe an external amp in my crazy Swedish brick of a car? How can I split the power to two head units AND power the amp? How do I use ignition sense on both units? Or will my installer know all of this?

Thanks so much, I love this BBS, and I look forward to my time with the empeg community.