Hey folks, I just shelled out the cash to get my double-din empeg + cd/radio + amp + source switcher install done. Yeah, it was an expensive install, but it's physically done. Attached are some pics. The empeg looks BEAUTIFUL in the dash. Too bad all CD players are so gaudy. Even the childish, technotronic, useless LED using, dashboard wart of an Alpine CD player I bought was the most toned down thing I could find. Well, it really has all the features I want though, so no complaints.

The damn thing has furious alternator whine and the source switcher doesn't work as I'd planned. Too bad I couldn't get the Sony XA-39 series. I ended up with a PIE (Precision Instrument Electronics) MPSS-4. Turns out, it completely cuts the power to the secondary device when signal comes from the primary. It leaves the primary on at all times though.

The installers set the empeg as the primary, which is good, I guess. Saves it from hard powering up and down all the time. Though, I didn't think the switcher would completely cut the power... I'll try to mess with it myself for a while.

Here are the pics. Yes, notice the purposely obtrusive stick shift in the pictures. I'm damn proud of my manual Volvo wagon as they seem to be pretty rare.

PS, since I don't want to post this question in its own topic, how DO you pronounce "empeg"?