Of course I'm not recommending cutting the ISO connector off,

Of course not, I was just responding to the statement at the top of this thread that it was exactly what he had done.

I have had enough bad experiences with screw terminals and crimp connections (over a long period of time) to finally come to the conclusion that they are more trouble than they're worth when compared to soldered connections.

Keeping my soldering and shrink-tubing supplies stocked up, and getting well practiced at making those kinds of connections quickly, is a much better investment of time and money for me than having to troubleshoot the inevitable failed connections and wiring problems caused by crimps/screws.

This doesn't mean I don't use connections that can't be unplugged. I often solder my wiring to male/female snap connectors specifically because I know I might need to disconnect it in the future for re-work. And I often use screw terminals when dealing with very heavy gauge wire, such as the wire run from my battery, because my soldering iron doesn't generate enough heat to solder to those super-thick wires.