Myself and a friend have been talking about getting a meet going for the past week or two. We've picked out a couple places and are trying to get a meet together for a late March 2003 weekend morning/afternoon.

We have narrowed it down to 4 places. If you are thinking of attending, reply with what you think would be the better venue.

1. Fiesta Cancun Mexican Restaurant: In my home town, this mexican resaurant is packed every night, so they have a large parking lot. But, during lunch, the place is not busy so we would have a large lot to park and show off our installs. There is also outdoor dining and a pretty nice view of the Hudson River.
  2. Palisades Center Mall: The 2nd largest mall in the country a year or two ago, this place has a good meeting place (I think). There is an aux. lot that is rarely used. We could all meet in there and then walk to the mall for lunch at Chili's, TGIFriday's, or something like that. The mall is right off I-287 (exit 13) in Nyack, NY.
  3. Nanuet Mall: This mall was being put out of business by the Palisades Center, but it making a comeback. They have a lot of parking since they have much fewer customers now. Ruby Tuesday would be the lunch choice. This is probably a better place to meet than Palisades Center due to less traffic.
  4. Anthony Wayne Rec. Area: This place is basically a big parking lot. It is on the border of Rockland and Orange Counties off the Palisades Parkway (exit 17).

That's what we've got so far. I think Fiesta Cancun is the best plan mainly because I would kill for a Combo #3 right now. If you think you may want to attend, please reply to this thread for now. I will see about putting something more official up on riocar.org as we get closer.