Since I just bought my empeg, I am interested in making it last as long as possible. I'd like to be using this empeg until the plastic buttons start to decompose.

So, could we compile a list of Longevity Tips for the empeg? Stuff like (hypothetically):
"Don't often yank it out of the dock while it's playing."
"Don't hold it or leave it upside down because that may stress the hard drive shock mounts."
"Don't press the buttons too hard or too often. Rather, use a cheap Kenwood remote because they are easier to replace than the buttons if you wear them out."
"Set the dimmer to 80% or less to avoid wear on the VFD."
"Don't leave it in the car when it gets really cold overnight for fear of britalizing the IDE cable."
"Always let it finish booting before unplugging it."
"Defragment the hard drives (or fsck or whatever in Linux) to avoid corruption."
"Only use carrying cases that are anti-static (like I hope the Pelican 1400 is. any comments on that?)."
These are just my hunches about this player; the things I'm doing to decrease wear on it. But it would be nice to have a confirmed list from the empeg knowledge base. Heck, maybe even a FAQ entry for the preservation minded (or those of us who can't afford and can't find a spare). Thanks.