Now that I read rev's original post closer, he mentioned this idea before I did. So, props to that.

oliver: It would be nice to not have to unscrew anything. But yes, loosening the screws would drop the thing right out!

My tendancy to make everything needlessly complex is making me want to hack the top off my fascia (if I can get a spare, that is) and then implement some kind of locking mechanism for the lense which can be easily slid out of place.

A thought I had today while falling asleep at work was: Gee, as it is, the lense rattles enough in there if all four screws aren't really tight. How will it work with NO screws holding it in place. Solution? Some felt on the inside of the fascia and against the body of the unit to keep the lense pressed in place. That or some kind of plastic runners or something. That or little U-clip kinda things (on the bottom of the inside of the fascia) that would catch the unit and hold it in place (on the bottom anyway).

See, I can dream but I'm all talk. Maybe I'll make some kind of plexyglass lense and test out my ideas.