Two things, actually:
1: Help to better discriminate falses vs. actual 'bogeys'. For instance - I know, generally, on my route to work where each of the spots are where I 'expect' radar hits to occur that aren't actual police radar - say, driving by the supermarket with it's automatic doors. I know it's K band, and that there will be between 2 and 4 emitters shown on the display. If I track each hit (location, profile) then I should be able to eliminate that display based on how many times I've seen it as I've drive past.
2: Time/distance warnings of known speed traps. If the past 15 times I've driven by a particular locale, I've seen KA-band radar 4 times, then it's likely to be there again. If I'm driving a little fast (which I ->never<- do :-) ) then I should get a warning that in 60 seconds or 2 miles I'm approaching a high risk spot.

Theoretically, like-equipped drivers could post and retrieve updates to their local maps via a web page. All purely speculative, of course.

Yes, I know that Uniden puts out a GPS-enabled radar detector that does similar functions - but it doesn't have nearly the functionality as my V1. And I remember reading about a similar service in the UK (updated nationwide radar map), but... I don't live in the UK. Oh well.

BTW: For some reason my profile isn't showing my correct e-mail. Should read '@attbi.com'. Pardon me while i fix that...
Dan Gentry Empeg Mk II, 12GB Blue, #106 [email protected]