Hmm... as the guy who wrote Launcher, maybe I ought to read this forum a little more often...

Anyway, the behavior you've described is actually how launcher works, so it's not clear that anything is actually wrong here. "Launcher" is so named because it "launches" your apps. When you select a program from launcher, all it's doing is starting up the program, which then binds itself to the hijack menu.

That's mostly correct, but to explain a bit further... Launcher just runs programs. Before Launcher was written, programs were written to be run in a pre-init script, attach themselves to a the hijack menu, then daemonize (i.e. in the background), returning control to the calling program. To make use of Launcher, a program should not do this -- it should be written to run in the foreground, and not bind to the hijack menu. Running a program that was not written/modified to run under Launcher will exhibit the described behaviour of just returning to the Hijack menu. Since many of the programs (such as empacman) haven't been modified to not bind to the menu and to remain in the foreground, Launcher isn't really as useful as it could be -- consider it proof of concept. There's a reason I never announced it in the main forum, but I'm happy that so many people are getting some use out of it, though.

Cheers,