You didn't say how much you were willing to spend. We could assume "price is no object", but if that were the case, then you'd also replace those crappy (yes, they are) factory speakers with something real. Since you want to keep the factory speakers, I assume you're planning on cutting some corners.

Best thing is to call Crutchfield and work with their people to come out with something satisfactory. They know their stuff and will give you good recommendations. Warning, though: their first recommendation will be to replace the factory speakers.

As far as a subwoofer goes, for about $300.00, I put together a 10-inch Polk DX woofer, in a Q-logic hatchback box, with a very beefy Jensen amp. It sounds fantastic.

When I did that, I already had the other speakers and amplifiers covered. You seem to be looking at a 5-channel amp which is a good starting point because it'll have the simplest installation and least chance for ground loops. 150 watts RMS to the subwoofer should be considered the bare minimum.

Try to get a sealed-box enclosure for your sub, and make sure the woofer can handle sealed operation. Then make sure to match the amplifier output power to the woofer's power range.