Thank you for the nice response already, people.

Actually, my first thought was to change the speakers but after my brother got his VW Golf variant Pwd just about two months earlier I did change my mind as I heard the good sound that they actually were able to provide. I'm very much against factory speakers otherwise. To my ear, the new VW ones sound the same quality as the 7-year old Pioneer car speakers I have in my closet.. As a car-car comparison they beat BMW 318i (-99 model) basic radio set speakers easily.

The VW's in Finland come with pre-built set of speakers (factory) and the car-radio itself (the head unit) is chosen and installed at the dealer end. There was no option for the Moonsoon Sound System at all, though the Golf V6 USA seems to have one.. what I heard this would have caused some additional work with the Empeg installation itself. So basically everything's there, I just need to rewire the VW wirings in the otherwise fine Euro DIN slot and get the amp + sub connected.. I guess I'll have a professional car audio technician do it.

The 'stunning' quality of the speakers compared to other car manufacturer speakers is the main reason why I'm pushing to only buy an amp and a (small) 10" sub in a box. I would be looking for some top-notch speakers if I was sitting on a pile of gold but right now I will settle for the amp as getting a full set of speakers now would reduce my chances of getting a decent amp. The sub is just something I thought could be nice to have, I may drop it to get a better amp. The Empeg already costs perhaps more than what I can afford; having a car and a house loan but oh well..

One young woman told me a couple of months ago that the difference between boys and men is just the price of their toys.. Kind of got me grinning since I had just ordered the car back then ;P

Antti 'Amarth' Luostarinen
victim #14229
try BatMUD - telnet bat.org ;)