I just bought a 2k Accord coupe ex. I haven't put the empeg mkII in yet. I figure I have 2 ways to go:

1: pull out the factory stereo and speakers, and put my mbquarts and PPI stuff in my new car. The only thing I would hate doing this is that on the EX's there is a steering wheel radio control (up, down, station switch) which would be sitting there useless - It would irritate me to death having something, even intentionally, "broken", in my new car. I kinda remember seeing some sort of adapters for aftermarket stereo's to be controlled by OEM steering wheel controls, has anyone heard of these?

2: figure out some way to input the empeg into the factory system via some sort of aftermarket cd changer interface.
I have the double din cd player in mine, so I would either have to get a single din tape player, or get an honda OEM under dash kit like they use for the add on tape player.

I'm obviously going to go with 1, but I'd love it if anyone had any info to share, either on 98-01 accord installs, or especially on integrating aftermarket units with the factory steering wheel audio controls.

Thanks!

Ben