I've read the past forums on DSM installs, but I think my question falls somewhere between.
What I'm working with:
- Eclipse 4422 casette player (for language tape use) as my main unit (the eq controls built in (fade, bas treble, etc) only affect the head unit output) It has 35w x 4 output
- controlling a trunk mounted Eclipse 6 disc changer.
- Eclipse 3640 240 watt 4/3/2 amp
- Eclipse 2010 6 channel eq with switcher.
- 6 eclipse speakers.

My installer has it so that I push the switch on the eq to go between head unit OR the Rio. With head unit, all 6 speakers work. WIth the Rio switched, only the door and rear speakers work. This sucks - on a convertible, with the top down, I really need the dash speakers to get good sound. And it sucks period - the Rio is my favorite part of the system and I can only hear it through 4 speakers.

Suggestions? What is the proper hookup? I'll send your responses (laughter edited if you like) right to the installer who swore up and down that this couldn't be done - but I know you guys know how to do it. And I'll tell him "told you so" from you. (another amp is a reasonable option if you need to include that in the solution)

Also, what if I wanted to drive one or two subs? (maybe hidden behind the rear seat) What would the proper hook-up be then? (another amp is an option of course)

Any help is appreciated. You guys rock. One loyal member is upgrading me to another 30 gigs as we speak, one week after I asked.

Best Always,

Chris