Fader on the Empeg has to be jacked to "rear" 100% to get sound from the door/rear speakers.

Thanks for checking the Eclipse website, and sorry that my couple years old stuff isn't listed. The head unit has 4 output channels - so I think he uses 2 of those to drive the dash speakers and the amp to drive the other 4 speakers when the EQ is switched to the head unit position. (button "out") It has the same hook-ups as the one now called the 4441 on their website.

The EQ is a 6 band (current model # on eclipse website is 21010 - that's what I have) that has 4 output rca jacks (rear r & l and front r & l), a sub mono, a full mono, and 4 input rca jacks labeled "sys A r & L" and "sys B" r and l.
When switched to Rio mode, (button "in"- sys B) I think the amp then powers the door and rear speakers, (using all 4 channels) with nothing to power the dash.

I've been thinking about it, how does this sound:?
- use the 4/3/2 amp I already have to constandly drive the 2 rear speakers and 1 or 2 subs.
- install another 4 channel amp to constantly drive the dash and door (with adjustments on the gain so as not to blow them out)

Can the EQ w/ sys A/B switch be hooked up to ensure that regardless of which source mode I'm switched to (Rio or HU) both amps stay on and all speakers work?

- and, can this be done w/o conflict, distortion, feedback, etc.?

I just came up with this, and I don't know s**t about car stereo installs, it just seemed like a logical solution.

What do you guys/gals think?

- Chris