I was just having a little fun. I was thinking of a post in another forum along the lines of "I'm an Asian man thinking of moving to Atlanta. Do I need to fear for my life?" I was also thinking of a cousin of mine who is going to Paris for a week-long vacation. She is terrified of the French and wonders if she should pretend to be Canadian. Similarly, another cousin recently went to Australia. It seems that all we know about that place is from Crocodile Dundee and Mad Max. My mother was very anxious about going to India for a couple weeks a while back and was relieved when she cancelled the trip after 9-11.

I noticed the "this is my first time to America" part and just tried to think of any stereotypes I could. Sadly, I don't think I really did it justice.

Anyway, back on subject, I've never been to Portland, but I've known some people from there who tell me it is a wonderful place. Congratulations to your friend on his wedding; I hope he has a happy marriage. I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip.

-Biscuits