Yes, I do have the OBEX spec from irda.org, it can be found here in PDF form if anyone else needs it. My question really was a generic one, let me clarify a bit more. Basically what I want to know is:

What is the best OBEX header to use to determine which fifo to send the data to? The questions that I am really asking in order to determine this are:

1. Do other devices send headers that are user-defined (header id from 0x30 to 0x3f) that we will have to handle? This is what the small program I attached to my post will do, identify any headers that I am not handling already.

2. Can you program these other devices to send out a filename of your choosing? Basically if you have a pager and set up an object to beam in the programming language for that device, can you send out the file as yourfilename.yourext?

The reason I want to know is because I was surprised that the Palm API's for sending OBEX objects through the Exchange Manager did not allow you to specify any more headers in the object than the default ones in ExgSocketType, and some of those (most notably type, used to store the mime type) are not implemented in PalmOS versions < 4. This means that someone with a Palm III could not send a mime type along with the object, and I cannot rely on that to determine which fifo to send the data from that object to. Bah. The mime type would have been a perfect way to route objects. Of course I could roll my own OBEX api set for the Palm using Ir Sockets, but we don't want to be waiting for years for that

If you have any more insight on OBEX or the whole IR thing, I would love to have it! I have just learned about OBEX and IrDA protocols recently, and this is really my first project on the subject.