Mine was stolen two weeks ago tomorrow...fortunately I have just received confirmation via UPS that my 'new' one is waiting for me at my apartment office.

It'll never leave my site again...I have since put an old ammo box in the back of my blazer, bolted it down to the body, with the nuts on the inside of the box and painted it to match the carpet. That way if I ever absolutely must leave it in the car I can put it out of site in that box in the back with two, count em two, locks. And I will also be using what the bastard of a theif left of the cut-up wiring harness as an insert in the cradle so it looks like it's already been taken.

I don't plan to ever use the box, however...it's just an emergency measure.

Seriously man, my thoughts go out to you. I have been there and I am still in a bit of shock after two weeks.

On the plus side, I had become a really passive person and having the empeg taken from me has blossomed a more aggressive personality. I wouldn't say it's at a 'don't take no $hit from nobody' level yet, but just under that

Also: If you have renters/homeowners insurance, try them first, they will be more likely to payout closer to empeg value that auto insurance will...worked for me.