ya know, i may be nuts, but i almost never take my empeg out of my car. it goes against the conventional wisdom, but i really find it works best for me. why?

• the convenience factor. the whole reason i have the empeg is to be able to listen to the music i want to listen to, at my convenience. having to lug the empeg everywhere i go greatly detracts from the convenience i bought it for.
  • the risk of damage or loss. i think it was elv1s who started a thread about how he accidentally dropped his empeg in a restaurant. i honestly think that the empeg is more safe in my car most of the time than in my hands in a store.
  • it's insured for replacement value. sure it's a hassle to deal with insurance companies, but that's what i'm paying for, right?
  • i have several backup units. trust me, i'll never be without a working empeg unless i choose to be, or my house burns down.

so, i have no problem leaving it the car. it's been a year and a half, and no problems yet. i live in chicago, but i have no idea whether the theft rate for car stereos is any higher or lower than elsewhere. i do park in a private garage at home, so that helps.

--dan.