Yeah, there is some room behind the seats, and I've been on dodgetrucks.org, but again, I need as much room back there for suitcases and other storage. I had originally passed on the idea of putting any equipment back there, because I didn't really want anything to be visible from outside the truck. I'm not going for a "show quality" install.

I was simply saying that I didn't think I would have much room under the seats for an amp or a slimline sub. The more installs that I've looked through suggest mounting the amp to the underside of the seat. I'm not sure if that's even possible, but it would keep it out of the water and mud that would get tracked in.

I'm still thinking about fiberglassing the middle compartment, but also thinking about putting in a box that "flows" with the center console, making it appear to extend to the back of the cab. I assume that I could coat it with vinyl to match the cab upholstery. But a mount back there would bring up rattling issues with the plastic tray (which I would like to keep) behind the seats.

Also, I've looked at the Metra faceplate, and I was wondering if there was anyway to get rid of the "wet" look. It seems to shine more than the surrounding components. Seems like a small detail, but it would be noticeable.