Part three Setting up Empire on the Empeg (hard, involves recompiling your kernel)

1. Recompile kernel to include IrDA support (maybe we could get Mark Lord to include this by default in Hijack)

I used Shonky's great instructions to recompile the kernel. If you download the kernel from Mark's hijack site, it is already configured for IrDA, so no editing, just compile and go. You should be able to debug irda support on the empeg from other posts by me and TheAmigo in the Programming and Projects forums.

2. Install irattach, and run it on the Empeg - irattach /dev/ttyS2

I included an irattach binary in the .zip file. This is from the irda-utils package.

2.5 (grrr, left out a step) Install OpenOBEX libraries

I will attach the library files below, so get that file and upload all the lib* to your /lib directory on the empeg. You will have to create a few symbolic links, make the files in there look like this:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 Feb 7 00:45 libopenobex-1.0.so.0 -> libopenobex-1.0.so.0.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 28796 Feb 7 00:45 libopenobex-1.0.so.0.0.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 40328 Feb 7 00:45 libopenobex.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 744 Feb 7 00:45 libopenobex.la
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 Feb 7 00:45 libopenobex.so -> libopenobex-1.0.so.0.0.0

3. Install the empire binary and run it from the shell with a & to put it in the background

I included a binary as well as the source. It's not much.

4. Restart the player and you are ready to rock.

Attachments
144745-empire.zip (124 downloads)

Edited by cushman (04/03/2003 08:40)